Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Greece



Definitely one of my favorite places in the world!!!



Look at the peaceful beauty of the buildings, sunsets and beaches.



My friend Casey has always wanted to travel somewhere, so we met in Greece on my way home for the summer.



I was really worried that I’d be wanting to be home so badly that I wouldn’t enjoy the trip.




Of course I still wanted to get home, but it was the perfect trip to do right after school got out.



It ended up being the ideal combination of history, sightseeing and relaxation.



We started in Athens and then took the ferry to Santorini. You can see in the pictures the village on the cliff.



From there we took a ferry to Miconos. It was the craziest thing. We got off of the ferry and there were tuns of people with brochures trying to get us to stay in their hotel. So, we picked one of the ladies, or she picked us and we got into her van. She took us to some nice hotel/condo near the beach and we got a great deal.



The weather was perfect every day. We ate gyros and baklava from the street vendors everyday.















No comments: