Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Back to Lagos!



I’ve been back in Lagos now for over a month! Being back a 2nd year makes me feel like I’m in a completely different place.




I can’t fully explain it. I think part of it is now that elections are over it really is calmer here.




More so then that, it’s that I’m used to things and comfortable. It’s so weird.




I feel like the grocery stores carry more items, that the traffic is not as bad (an hour sitting in the car to go 5 miles doesn’t really phase me anymore) and the everyone seems so much nicer.




Last year I really tried to deal with things and accept them.




This year, accepting has become a natural process and everything just feels happier.



Now, this is not to say it’s still busy. I’ve helped put on orientation the week before school started and already finished a month of school.




I moved apartments (long story) and also somehow seem to work all the time.




Here are some random “learning to love Lagos” (title of a book that I need to buy) pictures from a Sunday beach trip on a rainy, flooded day (check out the roads)!



It’s been a ‘hit the ground running’ welcome back to Lagos. Especially after a wonderful summer I’ve been missing home quite a bit, but it’s a much easier feeling then it was at this time last year.



I could spend hours writing attempting to describe it here and I think it would still be impossible...















No comments: