Monday, September 18, 2006
Let’s Meet for Coffee!
A friend and I were reminiscing about the Mandolin Café, a coffee shop that we both really enjoy at home. We’d heard of this cute place here. So, right after out “Safety Talk” with a man from the US consulate we headed off to “get coffee.” Off of a dingy street we went into the cutest little shop. There are many nice places here that you would never expect until you walk in the door. We sent the driver to put gas in the car while we enjoyed some nice treats. He returned telling us that traffic was too bad to get gas. Well, apparently rain makes a big difference in traffic. We sat for so long in traffic on the way home that we just watched the gas run out. I would call for a ride. That’s why I got a cell phone, right? For times like this. And I even had a few numbers in it. I dialed and the little woman came on and told me that I was out of minutes on my prepaid phone. I hadn’t used the phone for more then two minutes since I’d put the minutes on. Luckily I could receive calls and my phone rang, but I realized that no one could pick us up because the traffic wasn’t moving. Cars were everywhere including driving on the sidewalk and whatever direction they wanted. Keep in mind we have just come from our embassy safety talk. We smoothly pulled the car over and then dogged ocatas (little motorcycles), cars, trucks and minivans until we were almost home and were picked up by another teachers’ driver. Want a cup of coffee?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
By the way, thanks for the coffee. :)
Post a Comment